The Sims 2 News

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Sims 3

Just realized the Sims 2 website had a mini make-over. I could now right-click the links on their header. About time! I never really liked the old flash header... loads slowly to begin with.

I have yet to upgrade my PC and buy the following:

1. Bon Voyage Expansion Pack
2. Free Time Expansion Pack
3. H&M Fashion Stuff Pack
4. Teen Style Stuff Pack, and
5. Kitchen & Bath Interior Design Stuff Pack

The latter has yet to come out.

But before I buy all that, I need the latest generation PC.

And now Sims 3 is to officially come out in 2009.

Which means, I have yet to get full play time from my Sims 2 and it's already old.

Sigh!

I may have to find out the recommended (not the minimum) specs of the new game, but the website for Sims 3 is currently unavailable. Too much traffic? I need the specs just in case I do decide to transition to the next generation Sims game.

Which could be a futile effort. When I bought this PC, it was way above the recommended specs for the Sims 2 game and the first 3 expansion packs. Now it could barely run Seasons 2, much less the succeeding EPs.

Someone on the Sims 2 forum said it right ... I'd need one of those high tech computers from NASA just to run Sims 2, or the next generation.

A friend even switched back to the original Sims since Sims 2 takes too much space, and more importantly, memory, on her PC.

The Sims 3 website: http://thesims3.ea.com/

No comments: